In our humble opinion, Fort Wayne strikes the perfect balance of big city amenities, affordable living and small-town Hoosier hospitality. A three-time All America City Award winner in the heart of northeast Indiana, Fort Wayne is the state’s second-largest city and home to more than 250,000 residents. The downtown area bustles with small shops, trendy restaurants and breweries, while peaceful rural vistas are just a bike ride away on our fabulous trail system. With a host of family-friendly activities, there’s always something fun to do, from our variety of rivers, lakes and parks, to the historic Embassy Theatre, TinCaps baseball at Parkview Field, a top-rated children’s zoo, and food and festivals galore. We’re also a center for education, with numerous PreK-12 options and 12 colleges and universities. All in all, Fort Wayne is the kind of place where you can launch a career, grow your life and make a difference.
- 86 parks covering 2,805 acres
- #5 best children’s zoo in the U.S. (Parents Magazine, 2015)
- #1 minor league ballpark in the U.S. for the third consecutive year (Stadium Journey, 2017)
- 23 performing arts organizations and venues, including 2 professional companies (the Fort Wayne Philharmonic and the Fort Wayne Ballet)
- 18 museums and art galleries
- #1 city with lowest cost of living in America (niche.com, 2016)